Moving long distance

I'm moving from Oregon to California, and the trip will take about 6 hours. My two cats are sisters, and I am looking for a carrier that will hold both of them comfortably. I'd rather not have them in separate carriers, as I found when they were kittens they did much better on vet trips when they were together (they mewed a lot less, as they had each other for comfort). Does anyone know of a good carrier that would fit the bill for this? My cats weigh 10lbs each.

Asked by Member 1113468 on May 31st 2012 in Carriers

Answers

I have and recommend Sturdi Products. sturdiproducts.com They have an extra large carrier big enough for two cats. However, since the trip will be long, I'd recommend the CarGo pop up shelter. It's designed to fit on the seats of most cars and a double wide would be big enough for both cats and a small litter box.

I have a double wide CarGo for traveling with my cats to cat shows, and the cats and I love it. I also have Sturdi carriers, but I don't like leaving the cats in those for long trips. For a trip that long, your cats really should have something large enough to move around and stretch a little and a litter box for emergencies. My cats have had to use the litter box in their CarGo before. From previous experience, it's not fun if you cat has an accident in their carrier on the road.

Boots

Try a dog carrier. You can go to your local pet store to find the perfect size, as dog carriers can be much larger than cat carriers.

Boots answered on 8/1/12. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer