Making Izzie a treat-ball

I just returned from the pet store and saw that those little "treat balls" that you stuff with cat/dog treats are very expensive--almost $20 for the small ones!! I'm sorry I suggested them to other Catsters to keep their cats occupied! Does anyone know how to go about making one for a kitty? Izzie likes to chew, so it couldn't be made out of something which would hurt him if he ingested it, and it should be small enough for them to pick up and run off with if chased by the dogs. Any ideas?

Asked by Izadore (Izzie) on Oct 7th 2009 in Toys

Answers

♥ Tasha ♥

Have you seen the Go-Cat-Go ones? They are usually about $2.99 here for a package of 2- but they cannot be picked up :(

I am not creative enough to know how to make one! Good luck!

♥ Tasha ♥ answered on 10/7/09. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Gogo

You can make them yourself pretty easily. I've used an empty plastic soda bottle without the cap and a tennis ball with a couple of small holes cut in the side. They don't fit what you need due to chewing/dogs but you might be able to do something similar with a squash ball or something.

Gogo answered on 10/7/09. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

skittles

your could use a small plastic contained left from cream cheese or something washed out and cut some holes in it put the treats in it and let the cat roll the container around. you could try a dog teart ball if you find one that's not that much money and that's maybe for small dogs or toy dogs which are fairl small. hope this helps!

skittles answered on 10/12/09. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer