Farah

Kitty Loves Hawaiian bread - Is this a safe people-food treat?

My kitties LOVE King's Hawaiian Sweet bread.

It doesn't matter if I get the rolls or the big loaf thing, they're all over it but I use this a treat for me since I prefer its mild sweetness to cakes or candies.

Still, all I have to do is pull one roll out of the bag and the kitties are practically in my face! I always swat them away and they KNOW they aren't supposed to come after food like that but what the heck is so special about THIS stuff?

And they ALL do it! Max, Farah, Heely - all 3!!!

Normally, it'd be a cute and quirky cat story but they aren't satisfied with the tiny people-food-pinch I give them!

I don't mind sharing my treats and snacks with my kitties but is this a safe treat for everyone to share?

Asked by Farah on Jul 7th 2011 in Treats

Answers

With Izzie, it's deli turkey. I swear he can read the bag. As long as you aren't giving the kids whole biscuit every day, I don't see the harm. Of course it is not wise to feed your animals people food as they will soon turn their noses up at their own food, but in the daily course of events, things happen. I would not get in the habit of sharing "treats and snacks" with your kitties. If they beg, keep a bag of Temptations or Greenies with you and give them one of those instead.