k i adopted a 15 month old cat 2 days ago i have to beg her to eat and she wont eat much ive begged her to drink water a

Asked by Member 1129157 on Sep 3rd 2012 in Socialization

Answers

Pony Girl

Just be patient and let her come to you when shes comfortable. As for not eating, try some stink stew. Open can of tuna, pour just the juice over her food and walk away. The aroma will lure her to the food, you just give her a wide comfort zone to eat in.

Pony Girl answered on 9/3/12. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

She is in unfamiliar place with unfamiliar people - she has a lot of adjusting to do. I advise keeping her in one room for a few days with her food, water, and litter box. Go in the room and just spend time in there with her, talking to her or just reading or watching TV. Once she gets over her anxiety, she'll start approaching you and wanting to be with you. As she settles in, she'll start eating more, too.

Mya (left me 1-1-12)

It could take two to three weeks for her to be comfortable enough to eat. The above answers are very good advice. I would add that I used a jar of catnip and sprinkled it here and there in the kitties room after a week of just reading and chilling in there with them. Both times the catnip worked to stimulate their appetite's.

Mya (left me 1-1-12) answered on 9/11/12. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer