BooBoo & Romeo

Just rescued sweet 4 mo kitten & have spayed/vaccinated to make more adoptable (sadly can't keep.)Please advise:

I've asked everyone I know but noone wants a kitten. Vets will only take if I surrender & will be sent to pound/SPCA. This little girl is too sweet to be put to death (as are they all.) Other suggestions to help her find a home that will appreciate the dear one she is? As I said I paid for exam/shots/spay to help make her more adoptable. I humbly thank you.

Asked by BooBoo & Romeo on Oct 24th 2011 Tagged sweet, affectionate, homeless, orphan, kitten, rescue in Other Adoption & Rescue

Answers

is your kitty still available ???????

You should look for private "no kill" rescues in your area. You can check for them on www.Petfinder.com (on the left hand side there is a box that says "find animal welfare groups") and then contact them to see if they can help you find a home for the kitten. You can also create a profile for her here on Catster and mark her adoptable.

God bless you for caring about this baby. Allie's suggestions are GREAT ones! You can also speak with the shelters in your area and ask for their screening advice. There are very sick and cruel people out there who present themselves as wonderful adopters and you need to know how to spot them. If this kitten is black, try to hold onto it until the first week of November. Do not give her away for free. Since you have invested so much time and money into her, if it were me, I would ask at least $20 for her. You can also list her with these shelters with the understanding that you will "foster" her until a suitable adoptive family is found. Good luck and many purrs!