Just adopted 8 month old kitten...

I just adopted an 8 month old kitten from a rescue yesterday. This morning and just an hour ago, she pooped on me. IS this normal? I have showed her the litter box and it isn't blocked my anything in the house and is really accessible for her. She has used the box to pee in but nothing else. We have only had her in the house for 24 hours. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Asked by Member 1208220 on Jan 7th 2014 in Other Behavior & Training

Answers

Again, your kitty is probably in shock and overwhelmed at the moment. Do not overreact and make sure that she knows where the litter box and her food and water are. If she has another accident, buy training litter from the pet store and add it to your litter box. Then bring her in to the box and have her smell it with the attractant in there. Give her wet food as a treat when she poops in the box that you notice (healthy food like Natural Choice or MaxCat). ^_^