Smoky

Is there anyone out there who might know where I can get financial assistance for a nominal fee for my newly diagnosed

Asked by Smoky on Jan 21st 2009 in Pet Insurance

Answers

Freckles (1993-2011)

This forum post contains links to places that can help www.catster.com

Freckles (1993-2011) answered on 1/21/09. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Kira

Your question was cut off before you finished saying what was wrong. I sure hope Smoky is going to be ok. Best wishes and hugs from my zoo. Unfortunately, pet insurance will consider whatever is wrong to be a pre-existing condition so you will probably be unable to get any coverage now. They ask you about anything that he has already been treated for and automatically exclude that from coverage. There is no point in avoiding telling them the truth because if they see something questionable, they will hold your claims until they get full office notes from every vet that has ever treated him. I am going through this right now with Kira's claims because she first had symptoms after I bought the policy but before it became effective because the coverage started at the beginning of the month following when I added her to the insurance. If you do apply for pet insurance, read all the fine print! I was shocked at all of the exclusions I overlooked.

Kira answered on 1/22/09. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

There's also a website I just read about, www.imom.com, which might help. "IMOM" stands for "In memory of Magic" who I think was this person's cat. The organization says no animal will be euthanized because their owner cannot afford vet care.