Link

Is it unusual for Link to want privacy from others after spending time with me. He "rests" under the bed in a comfortabl

I had to leave for a day to go into town, he was left alone with a teen , gets along with the Dogs, but I am sure he doesn't like it when I leave or go outside(he isn't allowed to.) I am concerned the teens scared him, he goes under the bed for shelter as soon as the school bus arrives. should I just let him have his peace and wait for him to come to me?

Asked by Link on Jan 10th 2013 in Noisiness

Answers

The short answer is "yes." I can tell you that for the most part, no one knows I have 3 cats until we eat and then they come out. However, you might want to do some research if Link truly seems scared of the teens. They might not admit to teasing or harrassing him, but that could be what happened. If they are loud, that will also scare him. If you are concerned that something is going on, you might want to have a frank talk with the teens and maybe you can pick up on something that might have happened from what they tell you and HOW they say it. If they're your kids, you can tell if they aren't being truthful. If Link is normally shy around strangers I'd say nothing is going on and he's just being a cat. However, if he hides from certain people, something is going on and you do need to find out what it is.