is it true that you can't get a cat's ears wet, and that if you do they will get an ear infection.

my sister said that when bathing a cat you can't get their ears wet. if this is true, how do i bathe my cat easily while not getting her ears wet.

Asked by Member 1149820 on Jan 13th 2013 Tagged bath, health in Grooming

Answers

Keep in mind that most cats are very good at self-grooming and unless you send them to work in the coal mines, they have a flea infestation or get into the strawberrey jam jar, it's best to leave them to their own bathing. However, I understand that some cat owners feel they must bathe their cats. When you do bathe your cat, hopefully not more often than every few months, use a damp wash rag to wash her face. Do not use soap. Plain water is good enough. Just wipe her face down. Do not stick the cloth in her ears, You can gently wipe the outsides of her ears. Then, if she'll tolerate it, wipe again with a soft, dry towel.