Is it possible to abort kittens from a pregnate female cat?

The cat that I am asking about is a pregnate female stray cat that has been "living" on my backyard porch. I made it a small little house that is lined with heavy fabric etc and I also feed it twice a day. The problem now is that I strongly believe she is pregnate ànd as much as I want to be able to take her in its just not an option.
What I am worried about is that she will give birth to the kittens and being she is outside with the winter weather that they will be freezing.
I do not want to put her down and I will have her fixed if all goes well though it will break my heart to have her and the kittens go through that.
She appears very much ready to burst can something be done at this time?

Asked by Member 1155998 on Feb 19th 2013 in Pregnancy

Answers

Joey

My best advice is to trap her and get her to the vet. If they are full term - abortion is inhumane at this point. The vet may be able to help you get them fostered, then adopted, or point you to a rescue group that can assist you. Most importantly - the vet can get her spayed so this doesn't happen again. Bless you for caring for this kitty! Start with a good vet – and be upfront with them.

Joey answered on 2/19/13. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer