Is it normal weight for an exactly 4 months old kitten to weigh 1.77 kilograms that is 3.9 pounds ?

Wat is the average weight of a healthy 4 months old female kitten.? Also can i spay my cat at this stage? Is it a good idea to get her spayed at this time with this body weight of her?.

Asked by Member 1102139 on Apr 20th 2012 in Spaying & Neutering

Answers

Destiny Rose

Normal size depends on the individual kitten. My vet has always preferred 5 months or 5 pounds. But even within the Persian breed, all of mine are different sizes. Destiny is only 5 pounds full grown and we even had to wait longer than normal to get her rabies vaccine until the vet felt she was large enough. The rest of them range all the way up to 12 pounds full grown and each one is "normal" for her frame. My vet decided when each of my girls was ready to be spayed. Desi was 7 months old before we felt she was ready because she was so tiny.

Destiny Rose answered on 4/21/12. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

My female kitten is 4 months (17 weeks) and she is weighting 1.8kg.
She is slim and very active.

Her mother is a big cat so I think she is growing to be just like her.

I believe your kitten is going to be big as well.