Is it normal for a cat to bark?

Our cat will making a barking like noise when she wants to play, or get your attention

Asked by Member 1120340 on Jul 12th 2012 in Answers

Answers

"Nprmal" is a relative term when it comes to cats! In our other house, Izzie used to sit in the kitchen window, and if someone came up the driveway, he'd growl. He grew up around 2 barky dogs, and I expected him to start barking as well. Cats have their own vocabulary, and even though they may understand each other, each vocalization is different for each cat. However, Izzie makes the same me-ow when it's supper time, and the same greeting when we get up in the morning. So, in answer to your question, yes, your kitty is completely normal!

Socki

Not exactly,
I do not bark, but my owner's friend's cat barks. That is because they live with a dog. Every cat is different, so it's nothing bad :) unless it sounds like she is in pain :(
Hope this helped!!

Socki answered on 7/22/12. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer