is it common for a cat with tapeworms to have very loose stools and put them anywhere around the litter box but in it?

we gave him pills from petco for the tapeworms. its been 3 days and he still won`t poop in the litter box, he just pees in it. i`m worried because his poop isn`t back to normal. i have to surround each litter box with newspapers so it wont get on the floor. i plan to take him to the vet if this continues. he looks healthy, eats,drinks,plays all that. he used to go in the box so he does know how. maybe he is showing me "look my tummy hurts" or something. any suggestions until he get to the vet?

Asked by Member 1071518 on Jan 8th 2012 Tagged pooponfloor, tapeworms, diarreah in Worms & Parasites

Answers

When it comes to medical issues or things like worms or fleas, I've always relied on my vet. I really hesitate to use anything off the counter for things like that ever since that off the counter flea treatment was blamed for poisoning cats and dogs. If he has cramping and his tummy hurts, that's why he's not using the box. He thinks the box is causing him to be sick. Cats can dehydrate very quickly from diarrhea. Truthfully if it were me, I'd take him to the vet's as soon as I could. Take a stool sample in so it can be tested and you can get medicine from the vet. Good luck. We hope he feels better fast!

Max

When you notice your cat having issues your cat has major issues by the nature of predators they hide their problems very well. Vet bring fresh stool samp

Max answered on 2/6/12. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer