Lucky Lee

Is Blue Buffalo Cat Food Good for a cat who had Urinary tract issues/

When she was 10 months old, had urinary crystals. For 4 years,has been on Purina ONE, which is not the greatest ingredient value. We're now giving her Blue Buffalo, so far so good. Will it stay OK?

Asked by Lucky Lee on Dec 15th 2010 in Pet Food

Answers

Blue Buffalo is a very good quality food. I would suggest taking the info off the label (you can usually print it online) for ingredients and the guaranteed analysis and then ask your vet if it seems ok for Lucky's urinary issues. I am not sure which formula you are using and that can make a difference. Sometimes a cat that is prone to urinary crystals may require an all wet food diet or even a food that is made specifically for cats with urinary problems. If you had been feeding her Purina One for 4 years without problems, I do not think that Blue would be likely to cause problems. But that would depend on the ingredients in the one you are buying.