in daily grooming what includes? my cat does not have a heavy fur layer that would cause hair balls so i dont even comb

-

Asked by Member 902315 on Jun 2nd 2013 in Grooming

Answers

Daily brushing of your cat is important even if she's short-haired. This gives you a chance to examine her skin for fleas, skin conditions or any health concerns such as growths or "sore spots". It stimulates the skin, removes dead fur and dirt and keeps her coat healthy. It also gives you and she a chance to bond and snuggle. I use a metal comb and a plastic brush. I don't like the wire "slicker" type brushes as I feel those can scratch the skin and be unpleasant for the cat. I don't bathe my cats because I value my life, but I do brush them each time they come up on my lap. I also try to trim their claws, maybe only one claw or paw at a time. A vet can show you how to do this.