Meshie

I'm traveling by car this summer with my three cats. What type of carrier do you recommend?

I'd like to have them all in one carrier since they are great with each other and I think it will comfort them. They can have the entire backseat of my truck. I just want them in a safe environment so I don't want them to be able to roam out of the backseat area.

Asked by Meshie on May 14th 2013 in Travel & Recreation

Answers

I've had two in a large carrier and it was a disaster. It would have been better to have each in their own carrier. One of mine freaked on the other one in the carrier while we were driving on the freeway and we had to pull over. Mine were best friends, and I'm not sure which one lashed out, but it was not pretty because they were moving, scared and afraid. make sure if you have a sleep over that you are staying in a pet-friendly hotel also. They will not want to drink or eat or use the sandbox during the drive, most likely, from nerves. ^_^