Im moving from Oregon to Kentucky next October and im taking Bernadette with me?

I'm moving to Kentucky from Oregon next October and im taking Bernadette with me. I'm not leaving her behind. She freaks out in the car. She cry's alot. She's not aggressive but im worries about her on a 7 hour flight. Any tips on training her and getting her prepard?

Asked by Member 1154652 on Feb 10th 2013 in Travel & Recreation

Answers

There are two places you need to call, one is the airlines for information on what size carrier or crate they accept and what they require in the way of vaccinations and health certificates for Bernadette. Ask them if you can keep Bernie in the cabin with you or if she has to fly in the baggage hold. The second person to call is Bernadette's vet. If you don't have one, now is the time to find one. If she'll have to fly in the baggage hold, ask the vet how to prepare the carrier to keep her warm and comfortable. You can also ask the airlines what they recommend. She needs to be checked out to make sure she's OK to fly. It's not a good idea to tranquilize animals for flying because it can cause other health issues. Ask your vet how they feel about this. Good luck. Let us know how it goes!