I'm having trouble with my cat not peeing in the liter box. She pees right outside it on the mat instead. What can I do?

Asked by Member 1136050 on Oct 16th 2012 in Urine Marking & House Soiling

Answers

Ok Several things could be going on. First off; have you recently changed the kind of litter you use? Sometimes cats get used to the feel of certain litters on their feet and maybe your cat doesnt like this litter. Another thing I have to ask; has your cat been de-clawed? I recently saw an story about de-clawed cats refusing to use litter box. The story said the cats find the litter painful on their paws. You might first change the litter. If that does not work you might consider taking your cat to the vet to make sure there isnt any medical problems. I hope this helps.

If you've changed litter brands recently, you may want to consider changing back to what you were using if possible. If that's not the case, she may have an urinary tract infection. Females are more prone to them. One sign is urinating outside the litterbox.