Patches

I will be leaving my Patches to sleep alone for the first time for 3 nights. He is just about one year old...

My friend will be stopping by each day to check on him, but he sleeps with me in my bed at night and I was wondering if he will be very lonely. Also, do you think he might misbehave or soil the bed? Has anyone else worried about this?

Asked by Patches on May 25th 2010 Tagged lonely, sleep, alone, soil, misbehave in Separation Anxiety

Answers

Sadie/ In loving memory

I'm sure your kitty will miss you, but since your friend is coming daily to check on him, he should be fine. I've left mine alone for 3 days and nights and they were fine and they didn't soil anywhere that they werent' supposed to. I was worried while I was gone, but they were fine. Cats are like our children we worry about them. That's okay if you worry, that shows you are a good kitty mom.

Sadie/ In loving memory answered on 5/25/10. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 1 Report this answer

Timmy Tomcat DB #122a

We worry about our cats when being away and it is going to be fine. Very good that someone is coming by to check. I have feline friends who I have been the sitter for and it was for up to a week. They were fine. Purrs and pets to you for being such a caring owner.

Timmy Tomcat DB #122a answered on 5/26/10. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 1 Report this answer

My cat sleeps with me every night too. I've had to leave her alone overnight a few times. I once let her alone for 5 days. My father came by twice a day to care for her. She did just fine being by herself. She didn't soil anywhere to do anything naughty. Your cat will miss you, but he'll be fine.

Daisy

Don't worry Patches will be fine. He might not like it but he will be fine. I left my Daisy alone for two days with my sister checking on her she was ok, didn't misbehave or soil her bed, she did take off her collar and hide it, I'm actually yet to find it, but nothing major.

Daisy answered on 9/4/10. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer