I use the resused paper for cat litter and my cat just goes crazy and spends hours in the litter box scraping, throwing

Can't see where any of the above related questions applies to my cat.

Asked by Member 1105580 on Apr 12th 2012 Tagged continuousscratchinginlitterbox in Fears & Phobias

Answers

Sounds like a teenager cat having fun. I couldn't put ribbons. On Christmas packages for the first 6 yrs of any cat I owned. How can They resist newspaper ? Its just natural, healthy behavior.

If they spend a whole lot of time scraping - there may be other issues at hand. Could be just a yearning to scratch...could be they don't like the ink on the paper itself or its smell from the ink...you can never go wrong just to buy some regular litter (something tells me the clumping kind may help) and see how that works. But as always.....ask your Vet.

I know when my kitten does this,, it usually means the litter tray is a bit too soiled for their liking and they spend extra time looking for a clean spot. Try changing the litterbox or perhaps try using a different kind of litter in there. Don't know about your kitty but my boy is a bit of a poo and wee machine and I go through alot of litter so I'm going to change the brand I use I think to something that lasts a bit longer and reduces the odour as this bothers him.