I think I want to adopt. What do you think I should do?

My name's Joy, and Ever since my "older sister", Sabrina, died about 4 months ago, I've been very lonely. :'( I could use a buddy! I've noticed the adoption site on the catster website, but my mommy (owner) has no idea when it comes to adopting, or if we even should at all! we know a cat's a big responsibility (just look at high-maitnence little me!) But adopting a friend from either catster or the pound (maybe an adult cat in need of a home, that would otherwise not be adopted) sounds like a purrrrfect idea! Any ideas on what to do and where to start?

Asked by Member 1109247 on Jul 13th 2012 in Other Adoption & Rescue

Answers

Adopting is wonderful. There are so many wonderful cats available from animal shelters and rescue groups, and the adoption counselors will advise you on how to introduce cats to one another. Many shelters have communal rooms where cats that get along with each other live; it's a good place to find one that has a good chance of getting along with your cat, although you still should expect to give them plenty of time to adjust to each other. Good luck!