I rescued mom/kittens 2days ago -mother cat has not urinated or defecated - is this normal?

Asked by Member 1091894 on Apr 13th 2013 in Adoption & Rescue

Answers

Has she eaten? If she is very stressed out by her rescue, chances are she's not comfortable using a box, especially if she was an outdoor cat for a length of time. And, if she hasn't eaten, she won't poop or pee much. I was lucky with Izzie. I put a box in his cage and he used it within hours. However, especially if you have other cats or even dogs, you do need to get this little family to the vet asap. There are things like ringworm and parasitic infections and/or fleas that can be passed from cats to dogs and humans. Before you become attached to them, you need to find out their situation health-wise. Keep the family in a room by themselves and do not give them access to the rest of your home or any other animals. My daughter's queen and her kittens had their own room for 6 weeks until they were sent to other fosters and/or adopted. Good luck. Join Catster and post photos. We LOVE rescue stories AND baby pics!