I put a flea treatment on my cat & now she has diahrrea and sleeps all the time & does not come to me for love. I also

Asked by Member 1177083 on Jun 26th 2013 in Health & Wellness

Answers

If you used a cheap store bought flea product, such as hartz, sentry, or bio spot, those are potentially fatal to cats and should never be used. Unfortunately, they are allowed to sell those products, why, I don't know, since this is an ongoing problem. If one of those were used, hopefully the cat will recover. It's probably too late to try to wash it off, but that is one thing to do, if there is a reaction, wash off as much as you can off the product. The ONLY flea products I use on my cats are Advantage, Frontline and Pet Armor, which is a generic of frontline or Revolution. Not to say that some cats can't react to those, because they can, but they are way safer than the cheaper stuff. Those are expensive, you can get them for way cheaper online, but beware of bootleg products, if it seems to good to be true, it is. Petsupermarket online sells it pretty cheaply. I hope kitty is ok. NO flea collars either....EVER!