Azalea Salazar

I need someone to give our cat a home....how can I go about having someone take her?

I need someone to take a cat from me. We have had her for the past 2 years. We were asked to take care of her for until the person got better but the person literally abandoned her with us. This cat demands a lot of attention and we just cant give her that. We already have Azalea who our heart belongs to and two dogs. This cat needs major love. She is smart and is literally a lap cat. She loves attention. We just dont have the time or patience for her. Please help!!!! She is 9 years old.

Asked by Azalea Salazar on Sep 13th 2012 Tagged adoptionrescuenewhomecatyearsoldlolita in Other Adoption & Rescue

Answers

I am so sorry that it's not worked out for you. You can throw yourselves on the mercy of trusted friends or family. You can also, if allowed, put up an ad in local vet offices. Do NOT "give" the cat away. Unscrupulous people who sell cats to research and to train fighting dogs are everywhere. Contact local shelters and rescues and ask them if they would list your cat on their websites. Tell them you will "foster" her, but would appreciate their keeping her on their list as a 'courtesy listing'. Ask for a copy of their adoption appication so you will know what questions to ask of a potential adopter. There are also rescues who deal in senior cats. I wish you much luck in finding her a good home. I hope it works out for all of you. Purrs!