I need help with getting 7 month FEMALE to befriend at 5 month FEMALE who got introduced wrong

Lola, 7 months, got introduced to Scar, 5 months, about a day ago the wrong way and is now hissing and growling at everything. HELP PLEASE. She will let Scar get close and she will get close to scar then hiss and growl at her. I have them in seperate rooms and will go give both Lovins and Lola won't let me touch her if I smell like Scar.

Asked by Member 1208054 on Jan 6th 2014 in Behavior & Training

Answers

You can use hand sanitizer between petting the cats, and change your shirt. It would have been easier if you adopted a cat of the opposite gender. If the girls are not spayed, you NEED to spay them NOW. This will help with the agitation between the two. Keep them separated until they are fully healed, and add another water bowl and litter box. Keep them separated for a couple more days and then only allow supervised visitation while you are home and at night until you feel comfortable leaving them at home without fighting. If they do fight, pour a cup of water over their heads, which will break them up and only cause a puddle. Spend MORE time with the first kitten or she will become jealous. Feed them a healthy kitten food until they are one year old such as MaxKitten from the pet store in the tan bag; Pookie loved it! ^_^