Bootsie

I love everyone of my cats. I want to keep them where can I move to keep them.

I live in a town in tx that you can only have 3 cats and 3 dogs. No fosters at all. I have a few more than that they are all clean fixed and have their shots. Where can I move that is close to the
metocrest area and still keep my kids and animals.

Asked by Bootsie on May 20th 2010 in Laws & Legislation

Answers

I don't know the area but if you check the websites fo rthe counties/cities near you they should have info on what their rules are fo rthe number of pets you can keep. Often there are licenses you can get if you are a rescue or kennel which may allow you to keep more cats. I saw that you had some fosters/cats up for adoption so maybe this would help if the license fee is not too bad.

Timmy Tomcat DB #122a

Come on out to sunny Plymouth Meeting Pa. We seem to have no laws and this area is very very rescue friendly. we have Kitty Cottage and Spay and Save right here. I know this probably is way too far and too much but wanted to say Good luck and Thank You for helping those in need!

Timmy Tomcat DB #122a answered on 5/21/10. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

I agree with the former poster. I live in Horsham, PA (not too far from Plymouth Meeting) and I manage two feral cat colonies. There are many cat rescue organizations out this way. I never heard of any community limiting how many dogs and cats you can have (as long as it is within reason). Three cats and three dogs is not that many if you have a home with a yard (especially for the dogs to get exercise). I don't know much about Texas.

AnnaBelle

I searched "metocrest area" and pulled up Carrollton, TX - and thier city site shows 2 cats and 2 dogs as a limit.
Well Addison TX is not far away, and thier city's site shows no rules on pets. I would call and check with city hall to make sure, but it dosnt seem to far away- about 12-15 miles.

Basicly google the town you are in and pull up the map, then google in a separate window the nearby towns and see if you can find any rules against more cats on thier town sites.

I hope this helps!

AnnaBelle answered on 7/16/10. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer