I just found a dilute calico. Her hair is so matted that I can't even begin to brush all of her fur.Persian owners help.

Asked by Member 491650 on Oct 29th 2007 in Professional Grooming

Answers

♥Sam

If the knots are small I would cut them out, but be very very careful not to nick the skin as it's hard to see where fur and skin meet sometimes. If the matting is very bad I would take her to the Vet Clinic. One to get her checked over and two to have her shaved. Then you go from there good luck

♥Sam answered on 10/29/07. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Hi
If you choose to try remove mats yourself first rub in some creme rinse and try work tthe mats apart. Place a comb between the mat and her skin before cutting the mat out as a last resort.
The less tramatic course is to have your vet shave her down and check her out health wise and the same time
Roma