i have heard that there is a spray that i can put on my cats teeth for the tartar and want to know if it really works.

I know that my cat who is ten years old will not let me brush his teeth so need some advice on the spray.

Asked by Member 587191 on May 20th 2012 in CatsterPlus

Answers

While the spray may retard the growth of tartar on clean teeth, I doubt seriously if it will take off what's already there or prevent it altogether. Honestly, if it worked, vets wouldn't push us so hard to have our animal's teeth cleaned every year. If your cat freaks out when you try to brush his teeth, make sure you are vigilant about giving him hard treats to chew on and also get him to his vet for a yearly dental.

Rainey

My cat has moderate gingivitis, so I've looked at various products and the sprays aren't very effective. A water additive and Greenies cat dental treats help, but regular brushing and cleanings are the best methods to prevent dental problems.

Rainey answered on 5/23/12. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer