Kenya

I have arranged a holiday, hotels and all. But what should I do with my cat? (Not in a cage?)

We are going on a holiday....but, how about my cat? I don't think it would be very nice to leave my cat in a cage or I am not so sure about giving it to someone....
If we have to bring the cat on the holiday WITH us, then apparently we have to bring the cat through all the trouble with adapting to the hotel, (we will be changing hotels a lot)getting on the plane...etc. what should i do?

Asked by Kenya on Mar 18th 2012 in Air Travel

Answers

Unless Kenya is used to travelling, I would not consider taking her with you. An unsuspecting maid who opens the hotel room door could let her escape. Before you go, check out catteries in your city. They must have accomodations for boarding animals in China such as they do here in the USA. Ask around of friends and co-workers to see what they do with their pets. Ideally, you could hire someone to come into your home (after interviewing them, of course) to feed and play with Kenya. Most cats are much happier when they can stay in their own homes. You can also check with your vet to see what they recommend.

I think the answer above was good. I especially agree with keeping your cat at home & either hiring a pet sitter & get one of your neighbors or friends or a family member to come over to care for your cat.