I have a six month old blind cat and have been having a really hard time litter training her.

She uses the litter box sometimes but usually does her business on my floor. I use a litter called Cat Attracts that suppose to help her find the box by smell. I also have not moved the box once.

Asked by Member 1208811 on Jan 10th 2014 Tagged litter, litterbox, blind, blindcat, specialneeds, training in Urine Marking & House Soiling

Answers

Blind cats will not climb into a box in an enclosed space. You need to train your cat on pee pads like you would a dog. Buy doggie pee pads with the puppy attractant in them and place four spread out sheets where the litter box currently is. She will know exactly what to do by smell. Pookie went blind and started having accidents, but as soon as I introduced the pee pads it was smooth sailing until close to the time when she passed. ^_^