I HAVE A KITTEN AND SHES ALWAYS SCRATCHING BEHIND HER EARS AND NECK AND IT STAYS RAW.I HAVE CHECKED HER EEARS NO MITES

WHAT CAN IT BE SHE STAYS RAW ALL THE TIME.IT WILL HEAL THEN SHE WILL START BACK UP AGIAN.I AM GOIING TO BE TAKING HER TO THE VET SOON.

Asked by Member 1152885 on Jan 31st 2013 in Health & Safety

Answers

She may have an allergy of some sort such as a food allergy or it could be possible that she has fleas. If she has fleas, then she'll more than likely have tapeworms too. Tapeworms look like uncooked rice grains. You can see them on your cats behind & in their stool.

Righty

Take her to the vet ASAP. Your vet will be able to determine for sure whats causing your kitten's itching and scratching and select an effective treatment for it. She might have ear mites, sometimes ear mites can be far down in the ear and not easily visible from the outside. She also might have an ear infection. Flea allergy can also cause this kind of frantic scratching. It only takes one flea bite to set off the itch-scratch reaction in an allergic animal. Trim your kitten's claws so she can't do herself quite as much damage.

Righty answered on 2/1/13. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer