I have a 13 yr old cat who has irr. bowel syndrome. I picked up liquid licorice root that says it is 2000mg per 56 drop

Asked by Member 1139727 on Nov 8th 2012 Tagged irritablebowelsyndrome in Other Health & Wellness

Answers

According to my research, Licorice root is good for cats with allergies, arthritis, etc. as it is a natural cortisone and anti-inflammatory. The sites I visited recommend that the cat be allowed to nibble on a plant, just like with catnip or catgrass. With a cat the age of your's, I would not attempt to dose her without the express instructions of a veterinary professional, expecially since it has cortisone-like properties. The drops must be concentrated and you don't want to overdose your cat.

Batfink

It is best to not prescribe anything to your cat without consulting you vet, Izzie is right here, there is a risk of overdose. Hope you and kitty are well

Batfink answered on 11/8/12. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer