Buddy or Blackie

I found a female cat/kitten she is crying endlessly at the window. Is she in heat?

She's so tiny and they just threw her outside. She cries so loud,I hope she doesn't spray. Is this a possibility? I just want to help her. Get her fixed and find her a good home.

We also think she may be blind in one eye. It looks so different from the other. I don't have the money to help her in this way, so I am reaching out to all my cat friends here and on craigslist.com/Vegas for help. She seems so afraid, my BF thinks she may have been hit.

She is actually climbing up my front window, crying loudly...I have to get her out of her ASAP. My 3 cats are freaking out as well as the BF.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Asked by Buddy or Blackie on Jan 30th 2013 Tagged catindistress in Other Adoption & Rescue

Answers

It's heartbreaking to try to do something kind for a homeless animal and then have it turn out like this. You won't have much luck finding her a home at a shelter because all of them are overwhelmed with other homeless animals. When I did rescue work, if someone was in your situation, we could have the person sign the animal over to us, vet the animal, have it spayed/neutered, etc. but the person who rescued it would be asked to foster it. We would interview possible adopters and they would go to that person's home to see the animal. Because you and your BF feel that the kitty has been abused and isn't in the greatest of health, you need to take responsibility for the poor thing and get her to a vet no matter what. By rushing her out of your home and into another, you could be putting her right back into an abusive situation. Depraved people who abuse animals are VERY good at convincing others they will give the cat a good home, and then...well...Good luck. Bless you for caring!

It certainly sounds like she needs medical attention ASAP. Some vets will take care credit so you can make payments until you can get the money. www.carecredit.com You could also try online fundraising. There are many sites to do this on. You could create a chip in at www.chipin.com or try something like www.firstgiving.com Also perhaps the vet will set up an account for her & people can just send checks directly to the vet. The checks must be clearly marked who they are for. If the vet will do this, just let everyone know where to send the money with instructions. Since it sounds like you can't keep her, see if you can find a no-kill shelter for her once she's better. Thank you for caring & I wish you the best of luck!!!