Ginger

I don't know what breeds I am?

My mom is feral and looks like me. My dad is a gray cat also feral. What breed(s) are my brother and I? I am golden brown with black and brown spots with a white belly with some spots. My brother is light gray with dark gray spots all over.

Asked by Ginger on May 22nd 2012 in Other Kittens

Answers

My mom was feral too, or at least stray. I don't know who my dad was (and she probably didn't either). Mom was smallish, had short gray fur and green eyes. I am large, have long fur, a big poofy tail and when I'm about to get into trouble, my eyes turn blue. What I'm saying is that without checking our DNA and climbing up on our big family tree's to check out who's sitting on all the limbs, there really is no way to give a definite answer about who we are. Mom thought my sister Delilah was a Maine Coon mix like me for years, but when she got a friend on Catster who has Persians and Himalayans, she realized that's what Delilah was although now she is wondering if Delilah might be part Chantilly. Mom went to the cat fancier's website and looked at all the breeds' pictures there, but truth be told, we are who we are and unless we have papers saying we're purbred, we're our mommy's little angels, but in truth, we're "just" moggies (catspeak for "mutts")

You guys are domestic shorthairs. If you end with with medium or long fur, then you'll be domestic mediumhairs or domestic longhairs. Your coloring is brown, your pattern is tabby. If you have stripes, you're a mackeral tabby, if you have just spots, you're a spotted tabby. Your brother is a gray tabby.

It's hard to tell what sort of breed you are! My mommy, Luna, was feral, an all-black shorthair with yellow eyes. My two brothers Sammy and Indiana Jones are miroor images of her, while I'm a silverish tabby with green eyes. I don't know my dad but I'm guessing I look a lot like him. Anyway, sorry for blaboring on about me! Your brother is a gray tabby (like me) and you are olso a tabby. Tabbies don't have to be striped, they can also be spotted like you and your brother. The white, speckled belly is probably inherited from one of your grandparents. Depending on fur length, the two of you are either longhair or shorthair tabbies, and its quite possible you've got some other breeds in there. But mixed breeds have a lively family tree and a smorgasborg of colors and markings! Hope this helped!
~Joy =^.^=