Baby

I don't know how to get over my kittens death I feel so guilty for her death please help me

One day I was doing my normal run and I decided to go on a longer run so I took a gravel road. When I was running I saw a baby kitten and I wasn't just going to leave it there in the middle of nowhere. So I I took her home tried to tame and feed her. But on Aug 12,2014 she died from hypothermia Abdul respiratory distress. The hypothermia was my fault I feel so dumb I should have brought the kennel inside but I didn't want my parents to get mad at me. I can't get over her because it's my fault I'm the reason she's dead I need some support or help to get through this please help me

Asked by Baby on Aug 15th 2014 in Other Kittens

Answers

Strega

My person fosters kittens for the Yolo County SPCA. We know how hard it is to loose a rescued kitten. What we try to do is to learn from what happened. One time a kitten didn't want to eat and my person didn't know that she should have taken that kitten and made it eat. That kitten died. Now we know that if a kitten doesn't want to eat, that we need to help it eat. Now you know that kittens need to be kept warm and that if you rescue a kitten the first thing you need to do is to talk to your parents

Strega answered on 8/16/14. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 1 Report this answer

At least you tried. You do need to tell your folks if you are a minor and live with them. Even if you are not allowed to keep the kitten, you can keep one healthy enough for it to be adopted by a good home. Life is a learning experience, so don't be too hard on yourself. When you're older and have your own place you will be able to have as many pets as you can support (or are allowed in your development)! ^_^

Honey Lovey Schmitt

It's not your fault, amigo. All cats die. You now know cats need warmth now.

Honey Lovey Schmitt answered 2 weeks, 1 day ago. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer