I don't know how my 10 month old kitten died

My kitten went missing at sometime on the Wed, while I was out visiting. When I came home I called him in for food, and he always comes, but not this time. After 2 days and knocking on neighbors doors I still couldn't find him. Eventually a neighbor 5 doors up said my kitten was in her back garden and he was dead. At first she thought he was sleeping as his body was stretched out.I got there and he had rigomortis. I am so heartbroken and I am trying to think what could have killed him. Can a cat die on the wed and still have rigomortis on the Sat. He must have been dead since the Wed as he would always come home when I called him for his food. Im just so heartbroken that he is not around anymore :( I had all sorts going through my head thinking a neighbor had poisoned him, but on looking on google it takes a few hours and days to kill a cat, so he would have still come home when he was called. I don't think I can ever replace him for fear of it happening again :(

Asked by Member 1200155 on Nov 19th 2013 in Health & Wellness

Answers

Now you know why many cat advocates are supportive of indoor-only cats. They are safe inside and will not get fleas, ticks, into fights, lost or dead. You CAN rescue another animal, but keep it inside with enough healthy food, treats, toys, climbing spaces, water and a litterbox. I have four indoor-only cats ages almost 15 to 3 1/2 months, and all get along. Occasionally I will let them out on the screened-in patio while being supervised, but that's as far as they go. ^_^

More Questions in This Category