I brought greenies for my kittens yesterday. Can kittens have greenies?

I have three kittens who still fairly young. I brought greenies for their dental health. I have tried brushing their teeth but they either wont still enough or wont open their mouths long enough for me to do or they will try to eat the cat toothpaste. So can kittens eat greenies?

Asked by Member 913591 on Jan 17th 2010 Tagged greenies, treats, kittens in Treats

Answers

I see that Alexis is 8 months old. Are they all around that age? Then I would let them have them.I have always let my kitten have whatever the big girls are having. The bag doesn't tell you how many to give for kittens but I would just go with the smallest serving size. You don't want to overdo the treats and have them skipping their food.

Check the package. It should tell the age to use them with.

Shadow

If you have 3 kittens I would not worry to much, but starting them young with getting used to the toothbrush is the best thing to do. You can let them play with the brush, then get them used to just licking the toothpaste off. Most of the cat toothpastes are enzymatic, so it will still help, even if you dont brush for now. You can also get a product called Petzlife (google it) This helps with bacteria and tartar control.
If you look at the ingredients of the Greenies, it really is not good for cats. Please click on this link about the myth of dry food (any kind) cleaning cats teeth.
home.ivillage.com

Shadow answered on 1/19/10. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer