Cosmo

I am running out of options.. Any advice is appreciated.. 3 year old cat who has yet another rodent ulcer! :(

My 3 year old cat Cosmo has another rodent ulcer on his bottom lip. He has seen a vet about them before and had the appropriate medications but I just can't afford to take him back to the vet at this time. He has also had the "cat flu" recently and seen a vet for that as well. He uses unscented litter and eats holistic food and does not use plastic bowls. If anyone knows of anything I can put on his lip to reduce it or to help that would be great. I am not getting hours at work and don't have the funds to get him the medication. :( so any suggestions are welcome.

Asked by Cosmo on Jun 30th 2013 in Health & Wellness

Best Answer

There really isn't anything you can apply topically to his lip to cure the ulcer. These things have to be treated with anti-inflammatory medications and antibiotics prescribed by a vet. They're usually caused by allergies to something in the cat's environment such as fleas or food. There are a few different causes of these ulcers, and since you've already seen a vet for them, perhaps the vet can prescribe another course of antibiotics without seeing him if you explain your financial situation.

Izadore (Izzie) answered on Jul 1st.

There Are No Other Answers