I adopted a two year old male cat, keeps begging for more food. How much is too much. Won't eat dry food.

Asked by Member 1109185 on May 19th 2012 in Food & Nutrition

Answers

Ghost

My wet food cans say one can for every three pounds. That would be an ounce a pound. If he were on just wet food that would work out to 5 cans a day, split into meals. To entice your cat to dry food try mixing it with some wet or mixing in an egg yolk. Maybe he doesn't like the food if it's poor quality. A lot of dry food have wheat or corn gluten as their first ingredient which is basically all carbs. Look for a food without this or very low on the list, also avoid meat by product in the ingredient list.

How do you know it's begging for food specifically? Is he near the food when he does it? Maybe he's just looking for some attention, I love to play after dinner =^.^=

Ghost answered on 5/20/12. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Sniper Thomas

Nothing wrong with not eating dry food:) My cats are on all raw, one eats half canned, half raw.
I agree with the other answer, too. Is he bored, perhaps? He may be begging for food because he has nothing else to do but eat.

Sniper Thomas answered on 6/4/12. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer