How to make my cat loyal to me

Only me like walking to my room then my 2 yr old cat will only follow me

Asked by Member 1123977 on Oct 9th 2012 Tagged gentle in Cats & Kids

Answers

Most cats I know are one-person cats even if they are friendly to other people. Mine are. I take 100% care of them, feeding, scooping, playing, cuddling, etc. You can't force a cat, just like a person, to be "loyal" to you. Cats are very independent, and unlike dogs, they don't really care if you like them or not. If you are kind, patient and loving with your cat and take care of all her needs, this goes a long way to proving yourself "worthy" to your cat. Btw, in your last question, if you meant your cat is biting herself, then I would take her to the vet to check for fleas. If she has them, the vet can prescribe flea drops which work much better than collars and advise you on how to go about ridding your home of fleas. Over-the-counter flea meds have been known to be toxic, so getting them from the vet is your best course of action.