Rex

How to make male cat to be a father of the litter I read its very rare but its possible

Asked by Rex on Jun 22nd 2013 in Kittens

Answers

This is a disturbing question. I hope that there is no 'experimentation" going on that will result in the creation of kittens who probably will not find homes. If this is a hypothetical question (look it up), the only way to make sure that a certain male cat is for sure the father of a litter is to keep the male and female together until you're sure the female is pregnant. Can I ask why you would want to know something like this? Breeding should be left to the experts.

I agree, I didn't answer this question before because I found it disturbing. A male cat can kill kittens that it is not familiar with, that is very scary to do what you are asking to do. It is normal for people to want to keep newborn kittens safe from other cats, especially male cats and especially male tom cats (if it is a tom cat which I'm guessing). It's not like the movies, where you see the mom and the dad and the kittens all one happy family, not to say that there are some very docile cats that maybe that scenario does happen, but in general I would think an adult cat who is not the mother would be very inquisitive of the kittens and could hurt or kill them. I hope that you rethink trying to make this work and protect the kittens.