How to keep my kitty from barreling out of the window.

I have a kitty who loves being in the window, which i don't mind. My bed is located right next to the window and she just will come barreling out of the window and if you are laying in bed she will land on her head or face. I still want her to be able to get in the window just not wanting to get hurt in the process. Does anyone know how to slow her down and pay just a little attention when she comes out or to get her to use the other side of the window to take her exit?

Asked by Member 1152281 on Jan 28th 2013 in Other Behavior & Training

Answers

Short of switching the position of your bed, there isn't much you can do. Cats are designed to jump, run and climb, usually at night and with little or no warning, most of the time chasing something that only THEY can see. 8o) She's not really doing anything "wrong" as such, just being a cat. You can try blocking off the half of the window that's closest to your bed with something to force her to lay in the other side. Other than that, shutting her out of your room which would probably make both of you very unhappy is the only sure solution.