how much should a 3 month old kitten be eating

Should I be leaving dry food out for my two 4 month old kittens. I noticed one of them was getting fat. For the last week I have taken the dry food away and I feed them half a couple of dry food with a little warm water, twice a day. Is this enough?

Asked by Member 712675 on May 6th 2009 in Food & Nutrition

Answers

Atrus

Kittens that young should be given as much food as they will eat. Kittens do not get "fat", they are growing and it's normal for them to look a little roly poly, especially at 4 months old.

Atrus answered on 5/6/09. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

If your kitten's belly is looking rounder than usual, take him in to see the vet with a stool sample. It is very common for kittens to be born with roundworms, and one of the first signs that they have them is a little pot-belly and a big appetite. A stool check will determine whether or not he has the worm or not. Treatment is not costly.

Kittens that young should be given as much food as they can eat. Do not limit their food intake.