how much do javanese cats usually go for?

Asked by Member 809916 on Feb 28th 2009 Tagged price in Javanese

Answers

I'm not familiar with that particular breed, but I do know that purebred cats can "go for" as much as $600 or more. How much you pay for a purebred cat depends on things like who his/her parents are, if they're champions, show cats, etc. Also, if it's a well-known, respected cattery who consistently breed healthy, well-adjusted kitties you'll pay for that. Basically, you get what you pay for.

Princess

Well since I am a Javi, I think I will give this a whirl. I was bought from a breeder at a show. My mom got me for $900. The breeder said that I was worth $1200, but he gave her a break since she bought another cat from him. Prices will vary between breeders. Prices will also depend on if the cat is show quality or just a pet. And possibly breeding quality. They will most likely have restrictions or conditions. Mine was that I go back to one of his male cats for breeding and that he get 2 of my babies. I did go back for breeding, but I lost my babies 2 weeks before delivery. Most breeders will ask you to spay/neuter the cat and have proof before providing you with registration papers (necessary if you want to show) and most forbid declawing. I hope that this helps.

Princess answered on 4/21/09. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer