Buffy

How long should a kitten continue to get cat milk?

Buffy is about 5 weeks old now, and we are thinking of bringing her home next week if she is starting to eat soft kibble. My question is, should I continue to give her like a bottle a day of milk and slowly ween her off the milk? OR should I just give her the kibble and if she eats it thats that?

Asked by Buffy on Oct 19th 2007 Tagged kittenfeeding in Kittens

Best Answer

Pookie

I have a trick I just used to get mine to drink milk from the dish. I poured the milk over the kitten cat wet and a little round the bottom for extra lapping up. I did that for about a week, weening out the bottle more each day and she finally did it on her own. Now I have to get her off of the milk to water, baby steps, baby steps! sprinkle a pinch of cat wet around the bottm to soak and soften up and that should get the taste for hard food starting.

Pookie answered on Oct 19th.

Answers

Pooh

she wont eat it food until she's atleast 9 weeks old. so continue to bottle feed. everytime she cries she's hungry. usually just like a real baby, every four hours.

Pooh answered on 10/19/07. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

She should stay with the mom cat until at least 6 weeks, so good idea to wait until next week at least to bring her home. :) Give her some bottle-feeding about twice a day and wet food at the same time, and leave dry food out for her to try when she's hungry outside the wet feeding times.