How long does the kittens take to warm up to new owners

I just adopted a 3 month old russian blue a little girl her name is winnie. I just need to know how long before she won't be so skittish. she is very beautiful she lets us pet her but at times she also wants to hiss, she hasn't stricked us yet but I really want to get to know my kitten better, thanks for any advise

Asked by Member 1133384 on Sep 29th 2012 Tagged newkittenattitudes in Kittens

Answers

Batfink

Congrats on your new kitty! I know its difficult to resist a creature so cute and playful, but the only advice i can offer is to leave her to do her own thing, she has just come into a new home, strange smells and sounds,no more mumma cat, and from a kittens point of view its a pretty huge and scary world, she will adjust to her new home and to you but only in time. Try to give her some space to explore, and try to limit the offer of your attention for when she approaches you, and she will! You are her guardian now, her food provider and eventually you will be a great source of comfort for her.It will take a few weeks for kitty to settle in properly , as long as she seems well, eats and gains weight I wouldnt think you have anything to worry about. All the best!

Batfink answered on 9/30/12. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 1 Report this answer

Marble

congrats on your new kitty! when i got mine it probaby took 2 weeks for her to warm up to me.so it will probably be the same for u.

Marble answered on 10/3/12. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Biscuit

Congrats on the kitten! Honestly, both of our kittens didn't take long at all to get used to us. I understand every cat is different, but when Biscuit would hide, we would try to get him to eat treats out of our hands. Just hold very still. We also just played with them a lot from the moment we got him home. I really think playing with them is the best way to bond. Just buy a buttload of toys and see which ones she likes the most. Good luck!

Biscuit answered on 10/22/12. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer