Sophia~ R.I.P

How does a cat act if they have rabies?

i know you guys arent vets, but i need help. Sophia is acting weird and i dont know why. it might be rabies but im not sure. i dont know what a cat is supposed to act like if they have rabies or what is wrong with her. PLEASE HELP. !

Asked by Sophia~ R.I.P on Dec 8th 2009 in Health & Wellness

Answers

Right, we aren't vets. If you suspect she has rabies, don't mess around!
Call your vet and find out! Has she had a rabies shot? What are her symptoms? Was she bitten by a bat, raccoon, skunk or other animal?

I found this website for information:

www.peteducation.com

Cleopatra 8/4/96-7/18/13

This is the third time you have come here to ask for a different thing. Please take your cat to the vet! Like the previous poster said, we are not vets here and cannot give medical advice. If your cat is outside as your picture suggests, it could be anything. TAKE HER to the Vet!

Cleopatra 8/4/96-7/18/13 answered on 12/8/09. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 1 Report this answer

♥Sam

Many purrs I see Sophie is now gone. I hope it was a peaceful passing. Purrs for your loss she looked so sweet.

♥Sam answered on 12/8/09. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Has Sophia in fact died? If so, why would you post this question now? I'm confused. Anyway, you certainly don't want to get near her and risk getting bitten yourself--rabies shots are no fun for humans, and humans with rabies have a high chance of dying. Call Animal Control and have people with nets and bite-proof gloves handle this problem. Rabies is transmitted by the saliva of infected animals. In cats, the symptoms can take more than a month to become evident. First the cat will start acting irritable and vicious, and then it will slowly become paralyzed or have seizures and die. There is no treatment. Animals who are suspected of being rabid are usually euthanized. Currently, the common way to confirm a case of rabies is to test the dead animal's brain. If your cat does not have rabies, and is not up to date on her shots, then get them now. Rabies is not a pretty disease. Haven't you ever seen the movie "Old Yeller"?

Chibi answered on 12/8/09. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Minuit AKA Miss Meany

Am I the only one confused by these questions???? You have R.I.P which means rest in peace, and that is ONLY used when a loved one has passed, but it's obvious by your question she is alive. You also chance the R.I.P in some of your questions.
You have asked about rabies, ear mites/ear infections, walking weird, falling over and you thought she had a seizure and crawled off to die somewhere.
I don't mean to be rude but in five days your cat has had all these problems. Do you think maybe it's time to take your cat to the VET????

Minuit AKA Miss Meany answered on 12/8/09. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer