How do you tell if your breed of cat is a Maine Coon? The vet's assistant said my cat was a Maine Coon, and I read you c

His name is Tiger, he has a "barrel chest", as they say Maine Coon's have, he is very nosy/curious, and kind of acts like a guard dog at times. He loves to bite, and claw (mostly on me, and the other times on boxes). He is very agile, loves to sleep in boxes, can be vocal when he wants something, likes his litter box cleaned, has an big body at age 16 months old, and a small head that doesn't seem to go with his body size. He hates to be left alone, but when you are around, he goes off to another part of the house, only to surface hours later. Almost like he is checking on you, and not the other way around. His claws are humongous, bigger then any other cat I owned. Loves my wife, but she is afraid of him. And he likes to jump, mainly on me, when he is in his playful mood.

Asked by Member 1107244 on Aug 28th 2012 in Maine Coon

There are no answers yet. You can:

• Be the first to answer this question!