sinclair

how do i tell how big my kitten will get ?

Asked by sinclair on Jan 22nd 2009 Tagged kittensize in Kittens

Best Answer

There is really no way to tell. Especially with an unknown breed. You only have one picture so it's hard to tell, but he looks like he may have some Maine Coon in him which could mean he'd get pretty big. But even with my Persians that are all from the same breeder, I have one that is only 6.5 pounds as an adult and one of her sisters that is 9.5 pounds. Sinclair is such a handsome boy!

Allie answered on Jan 22nd.

Answers

I really can't tell you, but Sinclair is gorgeous! If he does have Maine Coon in his history (which he kinda has the MC look) he could get pretty big, but depending on what else might be lurking in the gene pool, maybe not.

Wow, if that's the kitten you're asking about, he's GORGEOUS! Allie is right--he looks a little like my Izzie who I'm told is a Maine Coon mix. When you take him to the vet, you can ask. My vet told me, when I asked the same question, "As big as he wants to get." Izzie is now a very long cat who weighs about 15 pounds. With good health care, being kept inside, neutering, nutritious feeding and lots of love, Sinclair will reach his full potential--size, purr-factor, happiness, championship head-bonking and friendship to his favorite person, you!

As the others say its difficult to say as there is so much size variation in cats. When you take him to the vet for a check up they'll be able to estimate his age pretty accurately from his teeth (baby teeth or which adult teeth have come through so far). Based on his age, current size and the size of his feet they'll probably be able to give you an estimate if he'll be a small, medium or large cat.

Sinclair is really pretty and lucky that you found him and rescued him.