How do i get my kittens to eat wet food? Ive been trying to get them to eat wellness kitten food but they wont eat it.

Ive been trying to get my kittens to eat wellness chicken kitten wet food. But they havent been eating it. I have tried warming it up for them but they still didnt like it. So i do i get to eat more wet food and how do i get them to the wellness one?

Asked by Member 969340 on Mar 3rd 2010 in Food & Nutrition

Answers

My cats have the opposite problem--they prefer wet food to kibble. I live outside of the U.S., and we don't have as many cat food choices that other countries do. This may be useless information, but Royal Canin kibble has been a big hit with all the kittens I've had, Yes, wet food is usually better than dry food. But, whether the food is grain-free, or blah blah blah, having kittens starve to death is worse than than having them eat iffy food. One of my kittens has finally--finally!--discovered how to eat kibble. Since he is due to be sold one day, and his future owner is likely to want to feed kibble, this is important. Can't answer your question about wet food, though. Sorry. Royal Canin kibble wins the prize for kitten friendly food. And good luck! Kittens can be very insistent and irritating about their eating habits.

Our frend Allie's mom did a really smart thing when her cat stopped liking Wellness. She got three or four cans of different food and offered it to Chelsea. Chelsea gobbled up one of the Fancy Feast varieties and for the time being, at least, this food is Chelsea's new BFF! Wellness is great food, but if your kittens won't eat it, it's money wasted. Try a few other brands, a can at a time, and see if you hit on one they like.

Sasha

Slowly mix the new food with what they do eat, assuming they were eating something before.

I had my kitten on Royal Canin until she stopped eating. She wanted to eat with the other cats (who also like the kitten food) so now she has the wet food which is balanced for kittens and adults and also the Iams Multi-cat blend. She doesn't have milk teeth anymore though.

Sasha answered on 7/21/10. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer